- Developed and implemented the Nuns on the Bus social media campaign, which had a maximum reach of 500,000 people. Communicated with multiple media outlets via social media including CBS Religion and The Daily Beast.
- Prepared and distributed Interfaith Immigration Coalition’s (IIC) press material amid demonstrations outside the Supreme Court during oral arguments in Arizona v. United States. Media hits for the IIC included Huffington Post, the Wall Street Journal, NPR, and PBS Religion.
- Provided logistical support for the 2012 Summit on the Science of Eliminating Health Disparities, in which 2,500 healthcare professionals participated.
WEB DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT, Irish Apostolate USA
Silver Spring, MD | September 2013-Present
- Responsible for all stages of website migration from Adobe Dreamweaver to WordPress, including transfer of content, initial design and back end administration.
- Participated in weekly meetings with client to clarify the needs and functionalities of the website.
- Created banners and graphics with a cohesive look and feel throughout all web properties to ensure brand consistency.
- Identified and corrected any existing inaccuracies including broken links and PDF documents.
- Ensured deadlines were completed on time and within budget.
- Facilitated transfer of databases with external stakeholders.
- Wrote technical manuals and user instructions for client.
- Conducted weekly training sessions for client based on this document.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, the Hill Group
Bethesda, MD | September 2012-June 2013
- Provided pre-meeting, on site, and post-meeting logistics management support for multiple agencies within the National Institutes of Health (NIH), including the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) and National Institute of Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD).
- Managed applicant database and mitigated issues Indian Health Service (IHS), Tribal, and Urban Indian Health (I/T/U) program employees seeking training through American Association of Diabetes Educator (AADE) online courses.
- Tracked allocation of remaining funds through monthly progress reports on application numbers for the IHS Division of Diabetes Treatment and Prevention (DDTP).
- Employed technical writing and editing skills for client meeting summaries; followed-up on action items to ensure completion.
- Analyzed and produced content for federal government request for proposals (RFP’s), utilizing writing skills for contract bids.
- Developed weekly social media posts and social marketing outreach strategies for the Hill Group’s Facebook and Twitter accounts.
LOBBY ASSOCIATE, NETWORK Lobby
Washington D.C. | September 2011-July 2012
- Advocated for NETWORK’s policy positions on immigration and healthcare in lobby visits and weekly legislative updates distributed to organization members.
- Ensured maximum public exposure for the Nuns on the Bus: Nuns Drive for Faith, Family, & Fairness campaign by communicating with major media outlets and progressive faith leaders via social media and maintaining the Nuns on the Bus website.
- Scheduled lobby visits for NETWORK’s Catholic Sisters at local legislative offices and provided logistical support during the Nuns on the Bus: Nuns Drive for Faith, Family, & Fairness campaign.
- Coordinated lobby visits, prepared materials, and recorded meetings with congressional offices.
- Maintained, monitored and created content for the Interfaith Immigration Coalition, Election 2012: Catholics Vote for the Common Good, and NETWORK social media accounts.
- Redesigned the Interfaith Immigration Coalition’s website and executed an effective media strategy surrounding the Arizona v. U.S. Supreme Court case, including writing and distributing press releases.
- Engaged hundreds of NETWORK members across the country to engage their communities in dialogues for the Election 2012: Catholics Vote for the Common Good initiative and tracked NETWORK member participation in this initiative.
Cabrini College – Radnor, PA
Bachelor of Arts: Communication, May 2011
St. Mary’s University College – London, England
Study abroad, September-December 2008
- Press Writing (AP Style) 95%
- Policy Writing 80%
- Social Media 95%
- Photography 80%
- Photoshop 90%
- InDesign 85%
- Illustrator 75%
- Final Cut Pro 70%
Content Management Systems
- Wordpress 95%
- Drupal 80%